Simple steps to Shabby Chic Style
1. Use a simple colour palette of white and light pastels.
2. Ensure that you have balance. Place something elegant and chic next to something aged with time, smooth along with textured, dull or worn painted surfaces underneath antique/vintage accessories.
3. Use slipcovered furniture this is the signature look of Shabby Chic style.
4. Select furniture that is comfortable, generous and over-sized.
5. Look for interesting vintage accessories that add character and whimsy to your Shabby Chic room!
6. Paint your Shabby Chic room white to keep it airy and light.
7. Finally distress or paint old wooden furniture white, with a chipped or crackled finish so it appears aged and worn.